Yes yes, start the day right.
Justine's plantain omelette is our absolute favourite Ghanaian breakfast (optional sausage). Make sure your plantains are ripe - they should be turning black for optimum sweetness.
We were lucky enough for Justine to share with us her famous recipe. Justine is the head chef at Meet Me There African Eco Lodge in Dzita, Ghana. Her other exceptional dishes include mouth watering groundnut stew, hearty red red and sticky sweet plantain fritters.
- Ripe Plantain
- Green Pepper
- Veg Oil
- Garlic (chopped)
- Black Pepper
- Sliced Sausage (optional)
- Slice plantain and sprinkle with salt then fry until golden brown
- Chop tomato, pepper, onion and garlic
- Heat oil in frying pan and fry the sliced sausages
- Add cut vegetables then stir fry it for 2 mins
- Whisk egg with salt, thyme and pepper
- Pour egg mix into pan and arrange the plantains on top, cover with lid and cook for 3-5 mins on a low heat OR Bake
PS. MMT recipe book in the pipeline